Wow what a fantastic, fun and dirty afternoon we have had in Year 1! We have been learning all about worms – did you know a worm has 5 hearts? Did you know they have no eyes? We have discovered lots and lots of interesting facts. After we had researched the worms we decided to create our own wormery – so we can observe what the worms get up to! Please find below photographs of us collecting grass, leaves, flowers, petals, stones, twigs etc to put in our wormery.
How to look after your worm:
- Please can you ask a grown up to help you collect a worm for your wormery.
- The worm can stay in the wormery for no longer than 14 days.
- Check your worm everyday and if the leaves are dry please add 2 teaspoons of water.
- Remember to put the wormery up somewhere high and away from sunlight – you could wrap the pot in black paper so it would be more like their natural habitat – underground.
- Please return your worm to the place you found it.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands after touching the worm!
Myself and Mrs Hunt would love you to tell us what you have observed and please bring into school any photographs of the amazing tunnels they have created.
Miss Gill and Mrs Hunt x