This is the website of Listerdale Junior Academy. It is a site for all the community, enabling everyone to keep in touch with what’s going on at the school.
We have replaced our aims with a Promise to Children. Please view that page to understand our commitment to our pupils and families.
At Listerdale, we will:
- Enhance self-esteem and the ability to value each person’s own worth through a caring, secure environment.
- Develop the natural curiosity that children exhibit about themselves and their world, and use their curiosity to foster positive attitudes to learning.
- Develop each individual to his/her potential through offering a wide range of high quality experiences.
- Develop social awareness, group responsibility and empathy through the social context of learning.
- Provide first-hand experiences which enable children to acquire concepts and skills, which will help them to understand themselves, their culture and the world in which they live.
- Develop children’s imagination and creativity by offering a wide range of experiences.
- Develop positive relationships between home, school and the community.
- Provide a broad, balanced, differentiated curriculum for all children.
Listerdale is a ‘modern’ name, named after the builder – Mr J. C. Lister who developed this area.
According to the Rotherham Urban Wildlife Group Listerdale is one of the most delightful valleys in Rotherham, a quiet haven thanks to the careful custodianship of the Listers. However, there are no public rights of way within the wood and permission is required to make a visit.