Key information - all in one place...
Listerdale Junior Academy joined Aston Community Education trust in June 2017. Please visit the ACET website for more information.
Headteacher: David Simpson
Deputy Headteacher: Rebecca Malton
Assistant Deputy: Helen Hodges
ACET SENCo: Cheryl Barquero (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Business Manager: Kerstyn Bothamley
Chair of the Board of Governors: Miles Parker
ACET CEO: Eunice Newton BEd BA MSc
At Listerdale School, we believe that academic performance is vitally important for every pupil. Alongside that, though, is an unshakable commitment to support the wider development of each and every child who attends the school. Each child should leave Listerdale at the end of Year 6 having:
- met a wide range of experiences
- had support and encouragement to help them aim for outstanding progress through school
- developed personal capabilities that enable them to be responsible global citizens
- been able to develop and enhance their personal interests, skills and talents, so that they are ‘in their element’ when at school
- had opportunities to represent their school
- attained the skills that enable them to become life-long learners
- become proud of themselves, their school and their community.
Please click on the buttons below to view additional information or to link to external sites (these will open in a new window or tab):
Listerdale Junior Academy
Tel: 01709 543719
Fax: 01709 514193
The basis of the curriculum for Key Stage 1 and 2 is the National Curriculum.This consists of:
English, Mathematics, Science – the Core subjects
French, Computing, History, Geography, Art, Physical Education, Music, Design Technology – the Foundation subjects
Global Citizenship, Personal Capabilities, Health and Wellbeing, etc form part of PSHCE (Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education)
Religious Education is taught from the Rotherham RE Syllabus.
Our curriculum goes further and deeper than the statutory requirements, as we believe that the National Curriculum is the MINIMUM STANDARD that we should expect for our pupils. As such, we have developed a wide and exciting curriculum which is designed to ensure that all children are in their element and challenged to be the very best that they can be.Full Curriculum